Frequently Asked Questions
- What is slydial?
- slydial is a free voice messaging service that connects you directly to someone's mobile voicemail. slydial is a service of MobileSphere.
- What's in the name "slydial"?
- While the word 'sly' can draw up connotations of being wily, crafty or mischievous (e.g. 'sly like a fox'), it can also mean clever, resourceful and efficient. We created slydial for people who appreciate clever, resourceful and efficient methods of communication, whether they exist in everyday tasks, business interactions, matters of the heart or ... clandescent operations.
- Who should use slydial?
- Anyone who is short on time, wants to avoid an awkward conversation, or doesn't want to bother someone, but needs to leave them a voicemail. No matter where you are in the walk of life, be it a college coed, a working stiff, a soccer mom, or an empty nester, we guarantee you that there will be situations in your life everyday where slydial will be helpful to you.
- Do you have slydial Apps for smartphones?
- Yes. slydial now has Apps for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Windows Mobile. Instead of having to dial the slydial phone number and then enter the U.S. mobile phone number of the person you want to slydial, you can now slydial your phone contacts in one easy step. Like the slydial service, slydial Apps work to any U.S. mobile phone number. To learn more about slydial Apps click here.
- How does slydial differ from other services?
- Well to the best of our knowledge, there is no other service that does quite what slydial does. While some mobile phone carriers enable their users to reply to or send voicemails within their voicemail system, there are significant limitations. For example, voicemails can only be sent to users with the same carrier (e.g. Verizon) and more specifically only to users within a certain geographic area (e.g. New York metro). slydial connects you directly to the voicemail of any U.S. mobile user, regardless of their carrier or geographic location.
- What happens once I place a slydial call? Will their phone ring?
- In most cases the person you're slydialing simply receives a new voicemail alert a minute or so after you leave them a message. With some mobile phones, the recipient's phone may emit an abbreviated "half ring" before going directly to voicemail. On occasion, with some mobile carriers, you may hear a ringing sound/tone while you are waiting to be connected to the recipient's voicemail. This is not the recipient's phone ringing; this is the recipient's mobile carrier playing a ring tone while they attempt to locate the recipient.
- I just slydialed someone and they picked up! What now?
- We do apologize for this, and know how awkward that can be when trying to avoid talking to someone on the phone. However, this can occasionally happen when a mobile number is not correctly updated in our database with its proper wireless carrier. You can forward any numbers you have trouble with to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need to sign up for slydial in order to use it?
- No. We do not require you to sign up for the service in order to use it. Just dial 267-SLY-DIAL (267-759-3425) and you are ready to go. However, to enjoy Advanced Features including slydial Apps for iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile smarthphones as well as rapid connection to voicemail with NO advertising join MYslydial Premium. Learn more.
- Is slydial really free for the user?
- Yes, we do not charge you anything to use the service. However, domestic long distance charges or cellular airtime will apply. (So if you would normally get charged for calling a phone number with a "267" area code then you will get charged making a slydial call.)
- So how does slydial make money?
- If I don't want to listen to the in-call advertising, can I just pay to use slydial ad free?
- Yes. What you're talking about is our MYslydial Premium service. Now we offer the MYslydial Premium Unlimited Subscription plans with a FREE one month trial! The table below shows you the details of the two types of MYslydial Premium plans we offer.
Plan Cost Unlimited Subscription with
One Month FREE Trial!
$2.95 per month or
$29.95 per year
Pay per Use $.10 per slydial
To take advantage of our one month free trial join MYslydial Premium today!
- Can I use slydial from a landline phone?
- Yes. slydial works from any phone - landline and mobile.
- Can I use slydial to connect to the voicemail of a landline phone number?
- No. slydial only works to connect to the voicemail of a U.S. mobile phone user.
- Does slydial work from and to all mobile providers?
- slydial works with all major U.S. wireless providers.
- Does slydial work to all U.S. mobile phones?
- No, there are some numbers that simply cannot be 'slydialed'. For example, you can not slydial someone who has a prepaid mobile phone, does not have voicemail on his/her phone, their voicemail is full, or if they have a third-party voicemail service (e.g. google voice, youmail). In addition, on some occasions, we temporarily may not be able to complete your call due to things like network congestion, network interoperability or local number portability (LNP).
- To use slydial, does the Caller ID on the phone I am calling from need to be turned on?
- Yes. slydial calls can not be placed from phones where the Caller ID is blocked. If you have Caller ID blocked on your phone, try dialing *82 before you dial 267-SLYDIAL to unblock Caller ID for a single call.
- What charges, if any, will my wireless carrier charge me for using slydial?
- If you will be using your mobile phone to place slydial calls, you will be charged as you normally do by your wireless carrier when you make a mobile phone call. You will not be charged anything extra for using slydial – either by us or by your wireless carrier.
- Why the 267 area code?
- It's in Pennsylvania (the only area code we could find that had the digits available to spell out "SLYDIAL"). Domestic long distance charges or cellular airtime will apply. (So if you would normally get charged for calling a phone number with a "267" area code then you will get charged making a slydial call.)
- Does slydial work with International phone numbers?
- No, slydial only works when calling a U.S. mobile phone.
- How is slydial different from sending a text message?
- We can think of at least in three good ways. 1) With a text message you are limited to sending 160 characters. Really not a lot of room to say anything in detail. 2) Since someone is reading your text message, it doesn't convey the emotion that they can hear when they listen to your voicemail. 3) Most people check their incoming text messages instantly. If you are trying to not talk to someone, this might not be the best way to go considering they will probably text you back or worse will call you back because they know you are close to your phone.
- Who is MobileSphere?
- MobileSphere is a leading-edge provider of global wireless communications solutions leveraging the migration from fixed to mobile communications. A communications technology company, MobileSphere focuses on providing mobile messaging and mobile telephony solutions to service providers, enterprises, universities and consumers. To learn more about MobileSphere, please visit our corporate website.
- How can I get in touch with someone at slydial?
- Contact us with questions, suggestions, compliments, complaints or if you need to cancel your MYslydial Premium service.